Thursday, December 3, 2009

Where can I find a ';Home Visit'; make up artist ?

I am a Southampton ';Cross dresser'; %26amp; like to go out in the evening looking gorgeous but am in need of ';make up'; training. Ideally i'd like a professional person to visit me on the night %26amp; do all the work for me. Can you help ?Where can I find a ';Home Visit'; make up artist ?
My best advice: go to a drag or cabaret club and talk to some of the performers. Be honest with them and tell them what you're interested in doing. Many of them will give you tips and tricks.





In college, I had a drag queen for a roommate. Honestly, she was the like the mother I never had. Noting like waking up in the morning to the sound of Barbara Streisand singing ';Pretty Women';, with a 300 pound bald man in half-drag and wearing a floral caftan, lipsyncing with a spatula as his microphone.





Even though I'm a girl, he took me under his proverbial wing and taught me how best to work with what I had and enhance it. Makeup, clothes, hair -- the works. Being a big girl in drag, he truly knew how to make himself look good and helped me out a great deal.





Just like they said in To Wong Foo -- ';Nothing this pretty could be real...'; It's true. Men that dress in drag have to work hard to look as good as they do, and there are tons of women that could use a few lessons from them -- myself included!





I just thought of another idea -- watch RuPaul's Drag Race show! It is really incredible to see the transformation of some of the performers like Nina Flowers, Ongina, Bebe Zahara Benet, Rebecca Glasscock -- http://www.logoonline.com/shows/dyn/rupa鈥?/a>


Trust me, it's incredible!!! They are absolutely fabulous!





In your position and for what you'd like to do -- make a big ol' drag queen your very best friend!! Cross dressers tend to just look like men in women's clothing. A drag queen would be able to offer and teach you the best outcome.





Good luck! I wish you all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder