Thursday, December 10, 2009

I want to be a Make Up Artist! What are the procedures?

Alright yawl, I am almost a hundered percent sure that i want to make this my career, I think it totally fits my personality %26amp; i love make-up/applying it! I am 24 %26amp; I am ready to turn my passion into a career! I live in Chicago, IL what do I do? How do I get started? Any Help is appriciated!I want to be a Make Up Artist! What are the procedures?
Hey Girl!!





I am also 24 yrs/ old and I share the same passion that you do. I literally called a local beauty school here in Indianapolis,IN today and I have an appointment to enroll on Thursday!!! This has been my dream for awhile. You just know that it is right for you. Well, there is a lady named Debra Macki and I believe she is located in Chicago. It is a 2wk class for professional make-up. But you are located in the perfect spot!!!! TAKE ADVANTAGE!!!! Most people have to travel to Chicago,Atlanta,or California to take professional classes. If I were you, I would start by searching on the internet. Search local. If the prices are out of range. I would apply for finacial aid and go to beauty school. The make-up course is not that long at all. Maybe a couple of months. You have an array of options. Girl!!! GO DO YA' THANG.


I have another page on 360- My id is Sweetvixon7210. I will be tracking my progress in beauty school. GOOD LUCK. and Keep in touch. I want to know how you are doing.


God BlessI want to be a Make Up Artist! What are the procedures?
hey!!! I have been a little busy. But I hope that you become great!!! You never know. We may bump into each other when we turn big time!!!!!!!!!! Keep the faith!!!!!


GOD BLESS!!!!!! Report Abuse

My page is under Sweetvixen721. My bad!! Oh! and shout out to Ms. CuteCaliDiva!!!!! GO DO YA' THANG!!!MS.LADY!! YOU KNOW WE GOT THIS! If you have a passion for make-up go for it!! Let's make a difference. Have you seen the before pictures of celebrities. SCARY!!! Report Abuse

you need to go to cosmetology school, specializing in make-up. do your research %26amp; make sure it is a school with good credentials. do not go just anywhere.
go to college first
you shuold go to beauty school
check your local schools or salons for classes on makeup or styling
In some states u don't have to have a licence to be a make up artist so u will have to check the laws in ur state and see if you have to have one. if you go to cosmetology school u will have to learn more that just makeup and some don't even teach makeup. usually if you want to be a full blown make up artist u'll have to have some school but for freelance you wouldn't have too, say if you like it for a side thing you could walk into any makeup store and they will ask you to put makeup on someone and if you do it good they will probably hire you but if you wanna do it full time i would probably take some workshops and classes. there are workshops that come through states and help you learn more tricks and tips and you can look on the internet for makeup schools in ur area. If will be hard probably to become and full blown makeup artist cause alot of them have full time jobs on the side anyways because it's hard to start a business just as a make up artist! but it also depends on where u are! good luck! And i would really like to know how things work out for you because I'm trying to because a makeup artist as well because it is also my passion so email me at Rockerchick2719@yahoo.com and tell me how everying goes!
yes follow ur passion...


I followed mine..


I am a professional makeup artist..Ive been doing this for 3 years....


and I love it everyday......
Girl, you and SweetVixon are in some major cities that offer such good opportunities. I too love to do makeup and hair, but I live in California and the area I live in doesn't offer that much of an opportunity. I am my beauticians hair model and I love doing my own makeup for the photo shoot and I'm hoping that something will become of that, but I don't know where to turn to further my career. When I was looking for a school and information I was told to enroll in Esthetician classes and that may be helpful for you to find out. To do makeup, she said that the Esthetician courses teach you the anatomy of the skin, applying makeup, and waxing and styling eyebrows. You may just want to start off looking on the internet like SweetVixon said and look up ';Beauty School Directories'; and it will list beaty schools in your area. Or look in your local phone book and call around. Ask them to send you information on their school or ask for an appointment to meet in person. It's best to meet in person so you can see how the school looks and if they have a good amount of people. Sometime when you have a look around and see what's going on, you can know if that's the school you want to go to. You know what I'm saying. Look for a nice school that offers financial aid so you won't be worried about your financial situations while going to school. Girl, good luck to you and SweetVixon and I hope everything works out for you both. Who knows you might be the next ';Celebrity Makeup Artist'; for one of these stars....
I'm from Chicago as well and my friend used to do makeup for mac, you could try to apply there, you could also enroll in the classes but normally places will train you if you don't have the finances to go to school. I suggest that you try to enroll in school though. You could also begin with family and friends, if you already know at least a little about applying makeup. This will help you gain ';experience'; and can score you major points if applying at Mac or another place with no educational background in makeup.





Hope this works for you and good luck I hope you make it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder