Thursday, December 3, 2009

How do I get some more work as a make-up artist?

Hi,


I just moved to UK 4 months ago, so I'm starting my whole life and career from the beginning .I'm fully qualified make up artist and hair stylist. How I can advertise myself (free, I can't afford paid ones yet) ? Just to help a bit , I do bridal make up, worked on the model shoots .I would be greatfull for some help and ideas.


Thanks :)How do I get some more work as a make-up artist?
Internet - modeling sites such as purestorm etc


free newspapers (loot) etc


send mails to photographers


local free papers


cards in local stores


local hairdressers


local colleges








etc


etc


etcHow do I get some more work as a make-up artist?
If you talk to some hairdressers, find out if they have a wedding hair cut coming up, do a few wedding/prom makeovers for free and see what hairdressers think and give them your card so they can recommend you for makeup to customers (until you can get a name for yourself to do hair).


Also advertising on the internet does help. See if your local area has a website or a local newspaper, put an advert in there.





Good luck.
Go to youtube, if you didn't hear about panacea81, check her youtube channel http://uk.youtube.com/user/panacea81


She became very famous, because of youtube. She worked with barry m, making online tutorials, and now she is making her own make-up line. Very lucky girl.


P.S. all happened in one year!!
Try to build a relationship with local wedding photographers/videographers, bridal dress shops and any other service related to weddings. They can refer you to some of their clients.
Advertise in local newspapers, and make a website.
  • hair tips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin disorder