Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ladies in your opinion would you rather have a male or female make-up artist?

I am a professional Make-Up artist and this has only happened a few times but certain ladies have said they would rather have a female artist. Then I have had ladies who swear that just like their hairdresser they will only go to men. Something about trust is usually their answer so I was just wondering what you ladies thought about this. Thanks for you time.Ladies in your opinion would you rather have a male or female make-up artist?
Honestly, I would prefer a guy to be my makeup artist!


It sounds weird, but it would be more comfortable for me.


I noticed men in the cosmetic industry are so talented %26amp; have more techniques %26amp; tricks. They bring more to the table in the cosmetic world with more originality %26amp; quality. They master the art into their own. I would absolutely adore if the late Kevyn Aucoin could do a session with me :)


but that obviously can't happen- but can't a girl dream? ;)


I guarantee you're awesome %26amp; wicked in that profession.


Take Care %26amp; Good Luck :)Ladies in your opinion would you rather have a male or female make-up artist?
Please don't be offended but I think it's because most male makeup artists tend to be homosexual. I think sometimes it's a matter of homophobia rather than sex. I personally prefer male makeup artists, whether gay or straight, because as someone said earlier they don't get catty/jealous and from what I've seen, tend to be more professional. Of course, women do their makeup on a daily basis so you know they've had practice/experience. I guess to answer your question, to me, it doesn't matter. As long as you know what you're doing of course!
Both are fine by me.





Ladies because they're USED to wearing make-up and they know what's right. They can give good tips on applying it and their experiences since most guys just don't wear make-up.





Men because they have good taste and know what kinda make-up guys like girls wearing. And they seem more professional and probably do a better job.





For me, i don't think trust is the right answer. I would feel more secure having a guy do my make-up because they would stick with neutral- yet stunning make-up. While the ladies do wacky crazy colors/make-up!
well every hair dresser I've had that was male was kinda you know fruity. i think that's why some women don't like male make-up artists, but i personally have no problem. most people think if a guy does hair they are fruits, but that is not true. i know lots of guys who do stuff like that but are not you know, fruitcakes. i actually think it's kool to have a male mack-up artist, if i had 1, that would be nifty!!!!!!!
I don't care if they are male or female. I just care if they understand my skin (or hair). For ex., I think my Middle Eastern hairdresser is great with my hair because he understands natural curl. I don't like anyone in his shop working on my makeup because I have a peaches and cream complexion. The few times I let them do my makeup they made it too dark/heavy.
I will not choose a makeup artist simply based on gender, but on experience. However, of all the hairstylists and make up artists I have come across, the ones whose work I like are all male. It is strange but it seems that the 'sissy', 'gay-ish' and feminine guys do a much better job.
i have a guy at MAC. if i go there and he is not there, i just keep walking by. he is amazing and remembers all of the makeup i have bought (even if he doesn't know m y name..haha). he's beautiful! :) :)





the woman tend to talk you into things, while my guy does whatever i tell him to do. gotta love that! haha!
Hey srry cuz i'm a man.......


bt tell me one thing...


Is it not a man who can tell whether a woman is looking good?? Ofcourse..opposite sex knows the opposite one.


And after all, what are the woman making up for??? For luking attractive right?? And whom do they want to look attractive to/? MEN ofcourse...(nt women....unless).


So if they aremade up by men too....that'll be something kind of, *sure shot*.......


So I believe MEn should be doing this........
I have a man do my hair and nails and i would let a man do my make-up to i feel that men do a better job but thats just me.
Male, because the men know what they like on ladies!! Like, they can say what they think is hott, and what's not. =D





[: *~dRuMmErGiRl~* :]
I like men much better because women tend to be catty and jealous and the men can be professional and just do their job.
I prefer to do my own makeup, but I wouldn't really care if my makeup artist was male or female so long as they knew what they were doing.
I am a lady and I think that girls tend to prefer female make-up artists because since usually men don;t wear make-up, I suppose we feel....more secure? At least that's is how I feel :)
i feel a woman would be more biased to do your makeup simular to theirs because thats what they know best and since a man dos not wear makeup hes more creative
i prefer a girl because i guess i feel


they have more experience putting it on.


Because most guys don't wear make-up.
It doesn't really matter to me, males and be just as good as men. =)
i have a male make up artist =]
what 'mars' said. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder