Thursday, December 3, 2009

How could I become a make up artist?

Many people have a natural gift, and I think that mine is make up. I do my liquid eyelienr really well, many people ask if I had a beauty course in it. My nails are always perfect, and ever since I was like 10 I had always borrowed books from the library about hair, nails and make up. I always get at leats one compliment a day on these 3, and I was wondering what courses I could do in this field? I am really interested in this...xHow could I become a make up artist?
http://careersadvice.direct.gov.uk/helpw鈥?/a>


tells you everything you have asked for and moreHow could I become a make up artist?
I'll tell you my way of achieving what you want. Become self employed. Firstly start off by studying beauty, do an NVQ, AS Level, BTEC or whatever in beauty. Basically, become qualified. Start off your own small business by doing mobile beauty, going to people's homes and doing their make up. You'll make good money out of this all you need to do is save up for the tools you need and promote your little business. After the mobile business set up your own little parlour. You can be the make up artist who employs other make up artists, hairdressers, hair removers, etc. Start small and become big, just get them qualifications first. it's really not that hard to set up a mobile business.





This should help :)
you could work in a pharmacy like boots, and gain experience in that field. you could become one of the people who give free makeovers in Debenhams or one of those big department stores. if there are any colleges/universities to you which offer beauty courses, i would take one :) they could be invaluable. i feel that this is my chosen field as well and this is what i would do. good luck :) oh, and if there are any beauty salons near you, you could gain some work experience there too. do your research, good luck xx
Here's an interview with a makup artist who has over 20 years of experience in the field: http://blogs.payscale.com/salarystories/鈥?/a> She discusses the industry, what it takes to get started, the average salary for a make up artist, and other advice.





Hope that helps
This is a video on how to become a make up artist








http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD49-2wTAOM%26amp;feature=channel_page
You should learn about cosmetics. In your area if there is a Sephora you should go check it out. My sister learn A LOT of information about makeup and the works from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder