Monday, June 21, 2010

My sister is in Cosmotology school and wants to be a make up artist...?

What are her chances of getting a great job and loving the career?My sister is in Cosmotology school and wants to be a make up artist...?
It depends on her talent and where she wants to live. She could go work in the movie industry or specialize in weddings and do quite well. Right now, is not a good time to be in the field but maybe that will change fast if the economy improves. My hairdresser says that business is down 40% at her salon because of the economy.





Anyway, your sister does seem like a natural artist and she may not be happy doing anything else even if it pays better. She might be one of those people who enjoy beings around people and making them look better and feel better about themselves. If she were my sister, I would advise her to develop other skills while in cosmotology school such as skincare, hair, and/or nails. There is some money to be made in doing acne facials and microdermabrasion right now even if that is not her favorite thing to do. And good skin comes before good makeup.





PS: My niece recently chose not to go to college and she is in beauty school right now. It was heart-breaking for my sister who had her heart set on having her number 1 daughter go to college. But we all realize that this has been her dream since she was a little girl.My sister is in Cosmotology school and wants to be a make up artist...?
When I was in 7th grade I did a research project and my topic was cosmetology and it seems like a really fun job, but they don't make the good money. . . they make enough to live off of but that's about all. And It shouldn't be that hard for her to get a job, just as long as she passes cosmetology school.
She could have a good job if she starts working at salons and getting her name out there. If she's really good with her stuff, then she can even start her own business (but working at a high/well known-salon can also open doors for her as well). As long as she stays and school and gets as much experience as she can, more doors will open for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder