Monday, June 21, 2010

Becoming a make up artist in Houston?

I heard you have to go to cosmetology school first before you can take the courses to become a professional make up artist but the cosmetology schools around here are like 80 percent hair with like only ten hours focusing on make up. I have no interest in hair whatsoever. I know I just want to do make up. Does anyone have any info about the steps I should take, in Houston preferably but if not that's fine too.Becoming a make up artist in Houston?
You don't need to go to any cosmetology school if you want to work as a makeup artist privately. Meaning, if you are going to work at private events like weddings or on film sets, or photo shoots.... anything closed to the public you don't need a license, or even makeup counters. If you want to work as makeup artist in a spa or hair salon you need a license. I'm a freelance makeup artist and most are. Everyone I know that went to cosmetology school went because they wanted to go down that path. All my makeup artists friends and myself just took courses.


I do live in California and the laws may vary from state to state, but I know that is the law in lots of states because I called and researched myself.





If you just want to go in the beauty makeup freelance direction you should try the event makeup artist. It's wonderful and affordable and so thorough. I used it myself and am so happy. I learnt the same things as my friends who spent thousands on tuition and now we make the same amount of money.





www.theeventmakeupartist.comBecoming a make up artist in Houston?
i think you can become an esthetician and that focuses on skin care, makeup and waxing. so you would always have a gig in between makeup. of course until you launch your own line and are to busy doing covers for vogue. look into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder